"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt." -William Shakespeare

Saturday, March 3, 2012

It's Rather A-MUSE-ing!

During our poetry study we learned a new billion dollar word: muse (click the word to learn its meaning - it's definition #2).  Now that you know the word's meaning, let me introduce our class muse board...




We learned how pretty much anything could inspire us... art, music, quotes, nature, everyday life, food, photographs, everyday objects, travel, sports, books, paint chips, candy wrappers, words, animals, architecture...


Students can use the muse board to find an idea that will spark a story!

What's one of your muses that's helped you create?

Love,
Ms. D.

4 comments:

Marietta said...

Hi Miss Dawn!It's me,Marietta again.I like the poster you put up in class.My favorite is that little Digimon card.

{Ms. Dawn} said...

Dear Marietta,

Thanks! I've had that Digimon card since I was young. I love to keep things! When I was your age I cut out my favorite images out of magazines and things to create collages and other crafts. I still have a couple shoeboxes full of clipped-out pictures.

Your Teacher,
Ms. Dawn

P.S.: Would you like to have some of my old cut-out pictures? =)

Marietta said...

Hi Miss Dawn!!!!!Sure!!I would like to have one of your old cut-out pictures!

tyreesha said...

writing is a good thing to do